My mission as “The Dementia Whisperer” and as an internationally recognized dementia care expert is to change the world in the way in which all memory care services are provided to those who suffer from various memory care impairments. I want to give meaning and purpose to those diagnosed with dementia or memory impairment—as well as give families a peace of mind and understanding that there is enhanced quality of life for, as well as improved quality of relationships, with their loved ones.
As A Visionary for Change I Actively “Practice What I Teach” by:
- Guiding, supporting, mentoring and acting as a change agent;
- Challenging poor practices appropriately;
- Promoting the wellbeing and quality of life for anyone diagnosed with any cause of dementia symptoms;
- Presenting and encouraging an individualized approach;
- Becoming the model for good practice;
- Supporting family members to enhance their wellbeing and enable them to continue in their caring role.
“To the world you may be one person; but to one person you may be the world.”
– Dr. Seuss
- Onsite Facility/Agency Training and ongoing Consulting Services
- Online Professional Caregiver Trainings
- Educational Seminar Events for Professional Care Providers, Family Caregivers and Community Series on “Becoming Dementia Aware”
- Dementia Care Practitioner Certification
- Support Group Facilitator
Continuing Education/CE’s Available
Accredited by the State of California Board of Nursing
Four class room hours (4 CE’s), Provider #CEP16502
Now offering Continuing Education for R.C.F.E. Administrator’s License, eight classroom hours (8 CE’s)
Accredited by the California Department of Social Services, Vendor #2000598-740-2
Check event page for upcoming class offerings, or contact Ms. Wayman directly at email@example.com
What People Are Saying
Because of Laura, we’re able to offer a great benefit to the families. Working with Laura has been a wonderful benefit not only to me but to Comfort Keepers as a whole.Jocelyn
I am 50 years old and I’m now caring for my father. There is help out there. Reach out to Laura and ask for help! It’s going to be the best call you’ve ever made.Jennifer
Laura came in with a hands on approach and immediately connected with our management team and our staff… and more importantly with our family members.Rob C.
The Dementia Whisperer helped me transform the way I care for my grandmother, who started experiencing dementia symptoms about 10 years ago.Alice B.